Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Pay for Movies!? Really!?

Haven't made a post in a while. You could say I've been exploring, experimenting...with everything but writing.

Funny thing, I just started reading this blog from a stripper and what do you know, it inspired my ass to make a much needed post.

Hmmm. This past summer went by with a yawn as far as movies go. Funny thing you don't see people worshiping new movies like they used to. I remember when movies used to actually stay number one on the box office for over 4 weeks. Now you're lucky to see a new film last 2 weeks at Number one. Not like it matters. But to the general public it matters.

I usually make a post about a certain film, whether I liked it or not. But if I did that it would be constant post like the one I did about the Expendables. Honest to god I haven't seen a "blockbuster hit" that was anything worth the $11.00 one has to pay NYC.

Then again I have yet to see "The Town" or "The Social Network". And yes, Inception was pretty good (even though I fell asleep...not because the movie sucked but because I was tired from DJing all day...not good to watch a movie about dreams if you're already tired lol).

Movies that I thought were going to be interesting but weren't:

Salt: Wow, what a way to make a film suck. Even Jolie's Hotness couldn't help this sad excuse for an action plot. If you go with a girl to see this you'll both leave the theater with question marks on your heads about what the hell was going on.


Predators: I love Robert Rodriguez (and he only produced), and this film had so much potential, but man, what a let down.

Machete: Had to follow up with this being that Rodriguez did actually direct this film. Though it had some good points it wasn't nearly as cool or entertaining as Black Dynamite (a film that is pretty much on the same level as Machete).

Piranha 3D: Cool effects but after a while you start to get bored of blood in the water and naked girls. Get a plot and good dialog for the next one (yes they are making a sequel lol).

The Sorcerer's Apprentice: And I usually like Nick Cage. This film lacks any sort of pacing. They butchered it in the editing room as once everything was in the can they realized that they didn't have anything at all.


I'd write more but I'm due for a nap before my Wed Salsa Night ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment